We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
The data controller is Oxford Conversis Limited, registered in England and Wales, under company number 04580340 at Bignell Park Barns, Chesterton, Oxfordshire, OX26 1TD.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site (the “Site”). This includes information provided when submitting queries to the Site, completing any surveys or reporting any problem with the Site;
- records of your correspondence (if any) with us;
- details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- IP addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Site according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to the Site.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- we will not pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes.
The only data we gather through this website is via the contact forms. This data is never used for marketing purposes and never resold. This data is stored in a secure area on our website for a maximum of 60 days. After 60 days this data is then automatically deleted.
Disclosure of your information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will use our best endeavours to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, other charities and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. Changes may also, where appropriate, be notified to you by e-mail.